THE QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD BE ASKING
We have come up with a list of essential questions a homeowner should ask a contractor before they begin any project. Hopefully asking these questions will help you choose the best contractor for your needs.
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have insurance and for how much?
- Who is covered in case of damage or accident?
- Are the contractors employees/sub trades covered by WSIB?
- Does their electrician have a masters electrician license?
- Is there plumber a licensed plumber?
- Are they registered with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they supply a contract with a warranty and full estimate on work?
- Does your contractor provide a project time frame with a start and completion date?
- Does your contractor provide a payment schedule?
- Ask for references and pictures of completed work.
- Is the company registered with an HST number?
- Ask to see master business license.